Vitamin C is a nutrient vital to human health. Vitamin C is required for collagen production. Insufficient vitamin C levels leads to weakened blood vessel walls which trigger a biological repair process leading to plaque formation.
A Better Way To Health, Happiness, and Feeling Young Again.
What Is Functional Medicine?
The functional medicine model of care offers a patient-centered approach to chronic disease management. It seeks to answer the question, “Why are you ill?” so you can receive personalized, effective care for your needs.
Functional medicine providers spend time listening to you and gathering your medical history. We use this information to identify the root cause(s) of the illness, including triggers such as poor nutrition, stress, toxins, allergens, genetics and your microbiome (the bacteria living in and on your body).
Once we identify the triggers, we can customize a healthy living plan for you. Your plan will address many aspects of your life, from physical needs, including nutrition, exercise and sleep, to mental and emotional stressors related to social, work and community life.
The foundation of functional medicine is the use of food as a first-line therapy. The right nutrition, combined with lifestyle and behavioral interventions, will help you take charge of your health.
– Cleveland Clinic
Conditions We Treat With Functional Medicine
Anyone facing a chronic condition can benefit from functional medicine. Some of the most common conditions we treat include:
- Adrenal disorders.
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Cancer prevention.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Digestive disorders.
- Environmental and food allergies.
- Women’s health disorders (PMS, menopause and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Metabolic syndrome, prediabetes and insulin resistance.
- Thyroid disorders.
What to Expect
Before your first visit, you complete an extensive medical history questionnaire. The information you provide lays the groundwork for our investigation into the root cause(s) of your current chronic condition. The extensive medical history questionnaire will ask you about your:
- Lifestyle: Including your diet, activity level, work life, hobbies and stressors.
- Genetics: Including your family history of physical and mental conditions.
- Environment: Including your exposure to toxins and allergens.
Health Optimization Blue Print Package
- Complete Hormone Testing Kit
- IgG Food Sensitivity Testing
- DNA Diet Test
- DNA Health Test
- DNA Sport Test
- DNA Mind Test
- Results will be reviewed in one 30 minute appointment with Kinder Fayssoux MD.
- You will be provided with a customized Blue Print for Optimal Health.
- Includes one 15 minute phone appointment for follow up questions.
Common supplements that can help with sleep initiation are melatonin, valerian root, passionflower and lemon balm. Common supplements that can help with sleep latency are glycine and l-theanine. Honokiol or dihydrohonokiol-B (DHHb), derived from magnolia bark, can work for both.
WELCOME TO OHM & OOT WELLNESS MEDICINE
Dr. Fayssoux’s Credentials:
- Board Certified in Family Medicine and Integrative Medicine
- Functional Medicine Certified through IFM
- Advanced Endocrinology Certified
- Peptide Therapy Certified
- Genetic Medicine Certified Provider
- Faculty at Eisenhower Medical Center’s Family Medicine Residency Program
- Medical Author and Speaker